At the end of 1949 after working for Sexton & Manning, Geoffrey Alan Poulgrain (a son of C.H. Poulgrain, and known as Jim) moved back to Thames and joined the partnership in 1952.
In 1957 Ronald Randall joined the firm as a staff solicitor and in 1960 became a partner with F.S. Miller, C.H. Poulgrain and G.A. Poulgrain. Mr C.H. Poulgrain retired in 1965 and Mr F.S. Miller in 1972 while new partners John M. Rennie and Heather M. Simpson were admitted in 1970 and 1979 respectively.